Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Alliance are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of your filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces in Alliance offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 308-321-4703 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.