Having standard air conditioning service done at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Alliance summertime, have the professionals at Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illegally releasing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces today at 308-646-3827.