During the colder Alliance months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces as soon as possible if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces at 308-321-4703 or arrange an appointment with us online.