As warmer weather rolls around, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Alliance? Even if your air conditioning unit is newer or was running well last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces professional can help spot small issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps find little issues before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine components and complete a series of air conditioning performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate troubles before they turn into major problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your system is open to premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and components:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Today with Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces
Today is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces pros a call at 308-321-4703 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your home, don’t forget to check our discount offers for savings on your next service.