With warmer weather nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can cut a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically heighten your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces professional perform air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system working efficiently for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is working as it should be and can identify possible problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and periodically throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and leave you needing large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they could obstruct airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the team at Jack's Heating, Cooling, Stoves & Fireplaces a call at 308-321-4703.